Author Topic: 100 Work-A-Like  (Read 272 times)

John Spikowski

100 Work-A-Like
« on: April 24, 2021, 03:14:36 pm »
I'm working on a proof of concept project to extend the workflow life of MAS90 / Sage 100. It will be based on OCX objects which will provide the UI and BOI like COM/OLE automation API. ScriptBasic will provide the processing functionality as callbacks and embedded in the object as a DLL for automation based processing. The target database will be Postgres SQL with using stored procedures to reduce coding at the ScriptBasic level. I plan to use the 100 data structure for ease of migration.

I would like to make this an open source based project but that would require existing Sage developers to contribute to its development and resellers sponsoring the project. If that doesn't come about I will be offering the software on a subscription basis with custom solutions at an affordable billing rate.

If you would like to see this become an community based open source project, please join the forum and share your suggestions and how you would like to see this effort move forward.

I will be posting examples of my progress as I reach the milestones I have set.

Note: I currently using SB2020 as a project code name which more than likely will change as a release version approaches.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 03:20:14 pm by John Spikowski »

John Spikowski

Re: 100 Work-A-Like
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 10:52:42 pm »
My plan is getting General Ledger done first as that can be released as a standalone package. My thought is to offer G/L to certified accountants for free to obtain mentor feedback from the professionals to make the software more intuitive and to fit their needs. Office integration is a major feature for reporting, graphs and automation.

The G/L package will define the software's framework so this first module is taking some time. My hope is to automate through scripting the generation of the other modules working towards a full feature ERP / Distribution and Manufacturing solution. I will update this thread as development unfolds.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 03:31:04 pm by John Spikowski »

John Spikowski

Re: 100 Work-A-Like
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 08:01:09 pm »
I wrote a Postgres SQL mirroring application for Sage 100 data. My plan is to use a subset of this utility to move 100 data to Postgres SQL tables in seconds for the SB2020 accounting packages. The following attached screenshot is the application running on a Windows 2012 R2 Server.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 08:04:40 pm by John Spikowski »